The electricity bill is one of the crosses of citizens, one of those things that constantly grow without mercy, reducing even more the financial resources of the users. For this reason it is very important to do more and more attention to how you manage the power consumption in our house.
At home we have several electrical appliances which, though apparently turned off, continue to draw power, even if in small quantities, are those that once they leave off on that little red dot (now very often blue). The bullet in question is nothing more than an LED, which remains powered for as long as the device that is installed remains off or more correctly in stand-by mode. The function of stand-by in electronic devices, can not completely disconnect the power supply and allow the user to simply turn them on again using the remote control, instead of going to press the power button. The devices that are leveraging the state of stand-by are many, TV, DVD player and / or divx, satellite decoder and / or digital terrestrial TV, VCR, game consoles, home theater system and not everyone has the most classic button power off, so the only way to stop the consumption is pull the plug.
There are ways more or less automatic to reduce the consumption of these appliances:
• Connect it to a power strip equipped with a switch. When you want to turn off all simply turn off the power strip.
• Use EasyOff, an instrument that is placed between the wall socket and the plug of the appliance and automatically cuts the power when it detects that the unit is in stand-by mode. To optimize the function you need one for each appliance.
• Use a Standby Stop. Slippers are remotely controllable by a remote control, store the total consumption of stand-by time of all connected devices and shut down the power when the electrical power goes down. In addition protect connected equipment from surges that may occur due to problems with the power supply or lightning.
For greater clarity on the use of the above methods, you must also keep in mind that some appliances do not have a function of internal memory, which is why if we interrupt the power supply completely, the next time we will find reset some parameters (for instance, the time or any programming).
In any case, the savings that can get in a year from the optimization of power consumption can reach up to 45 Euro.
What can you do to reduce waste, inefficiency and misuse of energy.
1. eliminate waste: such as turning off the lights when you are not in the room;
2. increase the efficiency with which we use energy: for example, use electrical appliances in Class A, or better yet A + and A + +
3. eliminate improper use: for example, do not use electricity to heat, as in electric water heaters or hot plates for cooking.
The energy savings can be achieved properly understood in two complementary ways:
- Assuming responsible behavior to get the best from existing plants
1. turn off the lights when not needed;
2. off and do not leave on standby electronic appliances;
3. often defrost the refrigerator; frequently clean the coil, because the powder reduces its efficiency and keep it at a certain distance from the wall so that air can circulate;
4. put the lid on pans when you bring the water to a boil; prevent the flame is wider than the bottom of the pot to the side because it does not heat, boil to a minimum, so the boiling temperature does not change;
5. lower radiators and do not open the windows if you have too much heat;
6. reduce drafts of the fixtures filling material that does not pass through the air;
7. use curtains to create spaces in front of glass, windows, outside doors;
8. Do not leave curtains closed in front of radiators;
9. insert special insulating films and reflective of the exterior walls and the radiators.
- By replacing inefficient equipment with more efficient plants
1. high-efficiency lamps: the same power of the lamps consume normal, ie it takes 6 to consume as 1 ordinary lamp;
2. A class appliances or higher;
3. electronic devices with high efficiency gas water heaters with no accumulation;
4. Thermostatic valves for radiators to be applied to program the ignition in relation to needs (why keep them on all day in the bedroom or in the living rooms that are not used?), and to adjust the temperature automatically (why continue to keep them on when you are achieved the degrees desired?)
5. condensing boilers.
Translated via software
Italian version of ReteIngegneri.it